[Pharo-project] A new GUI visual designer

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Feb 12 09:53:46 CET 2011

On Feb 11, 2011, at 5:23 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Hi again
>
> Am 2011-02-11 um 14:26 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
>>>
>> How do they compare with announcements and event and #changed
>>
>> In the case of the UIBuilder of void, there are new widgets that extend existing ones but
>> It would be better to not subclass and get better widgets.
>
> What prevents you from making new widgets?

Nothing and this is the point in the case of I would prefer to have totally new widgets instead of long list
of hiearchy like PluggableButtonMorphPlus.

So I did not check the code of Builder so may be you do not do that and this is good.
But it requires TIME to have a real look: not just load and say this is loading.

> It's just a default set. If you want them
> _not_ to be heirs of existing ones, new ones
> can be made.

can you explain because may be my english does not catch it correctly?

>> […]
>> use of _,
>
> I am really interested what you meant by this.

- vs := use
Apparently rob vens tried to load your code in pharo and he could not.
I did not have the time to check that.