[Pharo-project] A new GUI visual designer

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Feb 12 10:01:20 CET 2011

Hi marcel

thanks for this post

> Hi.
>
> I wrote these Widgets and the Morphic Designer mostly from scratch. There is
> almost no stacking of libraries. ;)

Good news.
Now do they replace in functionality existing ones? I mean
	- do they are new?
	- can/should they replace existing ones?
	- in such a case are the API compatible?

> Widgets need Signals and Animations which I also wrote from scratch and
> which do not have any dependencies other than Squeak 4.1 and later.

I saw that but did not get the time to look deeply in the code.

> For now, I reused:
>
> - PluggableTextMorph
> - TextMorphForEditView
> - ScrollBar
> - ScrollPane
>
> These I plan to replace them with new ones as well.
>
> The code itself is  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php MIT
> licensed  as stated
> https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki
> here .
>
> I did the whole thing, because I did not like, how the classic tool builder
> works or how pluggable morphs are meant to be used.

I'm too bad with UI to access that. I know that this is not really good.
So I would be happy to get a better solution.

Alain if you have some **cough** *cough** time can you have a look at this project?