[Pharo-project] [Hudson] Cog Unix build

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Feb 13 08:44:47 CET 2011

****EXCELLENT NEWS****

> Yes. i found the issue. Now it runs!!! :)
>
> And i were able to run all tests in pharo 1.3 core image on StackVM:
>
> 7864 run, 7787 passes, 51 expected failures, 8 failures, 17 errors, 1
> unexpected passes
>
> no more crashes! :)

really really great.

>> Ideally, build should be triggered only when we commit something to git :)

Yes! Yes! Yes!

> So, then by checking-out some historical commit, one should be able to
> reproduce the same VM as we had,
> when committing it.

What we are doing is MUCH more than just a build system, we are building
a system that will
	- increase our trust in the system
	- show credibility to the world
	- show that we can control risks even with an evolving system

I think that this is important for people willing to invest in Smalltalk to see that virtual machines
and the software is following adequate **engineered** practices.

Thanks igor for all the energy you are putting on that.
Soon we will start to have real fun at the image level.