Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Feb 13 08:57:29 CET 2011

Hi ricardo, igor and levente

I really want to remove caseOf: since years.
Why:
	- conceptually wrong (even if this may be nice to have for $A and numbers)
	- to me it looks like coming from another age
	- never needs to use it: of course other people may of course
	- Three less methods in Object
	- only available in Squeak/Pharo
	- but more more more important:
		makes the compiler, decompiler, inliner....., more complex.
	I want opal to get out because we need a better infrastructure: simpler, better compiler.
	- Ideally I would prefer that we can extend the compiler with it and that people needed it just ship a plugin with
	their code.

Marcus is opal dealing with caseOf:?

I did not want to have a war. I thought that it was pretty obvious that we do not really need that.

Stef