[Pharo-project] DrGeo in success stories

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:11:33 CET 2011

Thanks Laurent!

With the re-introduction of programming/algorithm in senior high school
in the French educative system, mathematics teacher are in charge of
this teching. Natturally these teachers prefer a math oriented
programming language. Software like Dr. Geo with programming power tools
is very neat. Indeed, I am in touch with a French math teacher exploring
all the features offered by DrGeo in user programming. This teacher
explored Smalltalk and DrGeo internal and wrote several articles
http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programmation_objet_et_g%C3%A9om%C3%A9trie

He also wrote an article on DrGeo in a math teacher publication
http://revue.sesamath.net/spip.php?article330

Therefore for the next DrGeo release, hopefully in March, I will open a
bit more the Smalltalk programming facilities  with a DrGeo world menu
giving access to Browser, Worspace, Find tool, Transcript and Save
session. With the feedback of this teacher I already improved a lit bit
DrGeo in fundamental area - See this article explaining the idea of user
power tools and recent enhancement of DrGeo user script with block
closure
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire/index.php?post/2011/02/12/Dr.-Geo-and-block-closure

To help teacher to catch these power tools I rewrote the DrGeo II
documentation with a full description of the Smalltalk scripting
http://documentation.ofset.org/drgeo2/fr.

These doc is only written in French because I can't achieve an English
writing level good enough for English native speaking teachers. But
translators are very welcome.

If you know any math or programming teachers, please speak about Dr.Geo
and forward this message.

Oh, by the way, the user programming feature was sponsored by ESUG to
promote Smalltalk. Thanks ESUG! It was a good investment!

Hilaire

--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire