[Pharo-project] A new GUI visual designer

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Feb 13 18:36:51 CET 2011

You cite an example very similar to what Dolphin does, and we could do with SIXX.  Dolphin serializes things not to avoid the image but to allow packaging.  SIXX could do the same for us.  I favor the idea of SIXX more to avoid falling into a trap of being subliminally influenced by (aka stealing from) Window Builder than because I think it is the correct thing to do.  If we had something that could read and rewrite Smalltalk code that is truly independent of WB, then class methods would be nice way to store GUI designs.

Bill