[Pharo-project] invalid utf8 input detected on loading associated image (XP)

DougEdmunds daebiz at douglasedmunds.com
Sun Feb 13 18:36:23 CET 2011


From: dougedmunds at gmail.com
To: Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: [BUG]UTF8TextConverter(Object)>>error:

here insert explanation of what you were doing, suspect changes you've made
and so forth.

Using Windows XP SP3.  Associated .image files with pharo.exe  Pharo.exe is
placed in c:\pharo
directory.  When I click on an image, I get an error:  "Invalid UTF8 input
detected".
This happens with the original pharo.image, newer pharo.1.image.

But if I open pharo.exe by clicking it (which automatically opens an image),
I don't get this error.  It only happens when I click on one of the .image
files.

(I tried to send this via the debugger's 'mail bug report', but then got a
telnet error).



13 February 2011 9:23:14 am

VM: Win32 - IX86 - NT - Squeak3.10.2 of 11 February 2010 [latest update:
#9314]
Image: Pharo-1.1.1-- [Latest update: #11414]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir C:\Pharo\Contents\Resources
Trusted Dir C:\Pharo\Contents\Resources\dae
Untrusted Dir C:\Documents and Settings\dae\My Documents\My Squeak

UTF8TextConverter(Object)>>error:
	Receiver: an UTF8TextConverter
	Arguments and temporary variables: 
		aString: 	'Invalid utf8 input detected'
	Receiver's instance variables: 
		latin1Map: 	#[0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 ...etc...
		latin1Encodings: 	#(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil ...etc...

UTF8TextConverter>>errorMalformedInput
	Receiver: an UTF8TextConverter
	Arguments and temporary variables: 

	Receiver's instance variables: 
		latin1Map: 	#[0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 ...etc...
		latin1Encodings: 	#(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil ...etc...

UTF8TextConverter>>nextFromStream:
	Receiver: an UTF8TextConverter
	Arguments and temporary variables: 
		aStream: 	MultiByteFileStream: 'C:\Pharo\Contents\Resources\pharo.1.image'
		character1: 	$«
		value1: 	171
		character2: 	Character backspace
		value2: 	8
		unicode: 	nil
		character3: 	$´
		value3: 	180
		character4: 	nil
		value4: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables: 
		latin1Map: 	#[0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 ...etc...
		latin1Encodings: 	#(nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil ...etc...

MultiByteFileStream>>next
	Receiver: MultiByteFileStream: 'C:\Pharo\Contents\Resources\pharo.1.image'
	Arguments and temporary variables: 
		char: 	nil
		secondChar: 	nil
		state: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables: 


[] in MultiByteFileStream>>upToEnd
	Receiver: MultiByteFileStream: 'C:\Pharo\Contents\Resources\pharo.1.image'
	Arguments and temporary variables: 
		stream: 	a WriteStream 'h
-- 
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/invalid-utf8-input-detected-on-loading-associated-image-XP-tp3303849p3303849.html
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk mailing list archive at Nabble.com.




More information about the Pharo-project mailing list