Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:40:01 CET 2011

Yes, I myself find the implementation hackish, but I wish I could see
more pragmatic analysis based on exact usage of this message.
The discussion isn't going forward, every one camping on its position.
1) Where is the message used ?
2) How would you refactor the senders ?
3) Does speed degrade ?
4) Does it matter ?

For Pharo, I invite you to simply remove the compiler optimization,
and run some benchmark.
Then deprecate the message if you want (but you'll need a
compatibility layer, notably for Cog).

Nicolas