[Pharo-project] Call a external executable file. What is the best option?

nullPointer epicfan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 19:19:06 CET 2011

I need call executable files of OS. I see various options, but I´m not sure.
I believe don´t understand correctly.

I need:

     -Call executable files from system.
     -Call associated programs of links, for example, I could pass
'http://google.com'. The result must be open the default browser of user
with that link.
     -Call commands or .BATs files from OS.
     -I need use that on any OS, must be cross-platform, is very important.

If that is not implemented on Pharo, is possible create a .exe file with
another language, where I call functions of OS, and invoke from Smalltalk
that exe?

Regards.