Stephen Taylor stephen.taylor at bom.gov.au
Mon Feb 14 00:21:28 CET 2011

Igor Stasenko wrote:

>> You have some integers: 0 83 67 77 68 72 80 112 113 87 70 82. When a
>> variable's value is equal to any of these...

> Don't try to convince me that there are sort of problems which can be
> solved only by using case statement :)

You didn't answer the question though.

> First, get rid of these integers in your code.

That's the killer - yes, we can usually design around cases where we'd
use case constructs (though I'm not convinced they're the spawn of the
devil) but what about cases where we're interfacing with external data
sources and we don't get to redesign the whole system to suit our needs?

               Steve