[Pharo-project] A new GUI visual designer

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Mon Feb 14 10:53:49 CET 2011

On 14 Feb 2011, at 10:28, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>> - there does not seem to be a way to deal with non-ascii strings like 'Göran', shouldn't there be something like JSON escapes ?
>
> No. Wake up. Its 2011 outside. Use unicode encodings (like UTF-8) for reading/writing source streams.
> Just don't use ascii, then you won't need to escape non-ascii characters. :)

I know what UTF-8 encoding is and I know the date. However, then the Tirade spec should say, all data is encoded in UTF-8 by default, leaving it open like this is asking for problems.

But even then, for a data interchange format I think that ASCII + enscaping is a better deal that will cause less problems.

Sven