Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:37:27 CET 2011

On 15 February 2011 12:50, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 08:00:18AM +0100, St?phane Ducasse wrote:
>> Eliot
>>
>> you use caseOf: for the generation of C in Slang and VM maker.
>> Now this means that
>>       - it does not need to be inlined
>>       - it could be packaged with VMMaker
>>
>> Are these two points correct?
>
> No.
>
> VMMaker is used in many images, not just Pharo. And #caseOf:
> is used in packages other than VMMaker. So moving it into the
> VMMaker package would be a Bad Thing To Do.

I agree.
Then probably, Pharo should move it to separate 'Crap-compat' package.

;-P

You don't need to remove #caseOf: implementation. I can stay. Just
remove a compiler hacks for it :)

P.S. i patched MessageNode class>>initialize
to test if VMMaker can work without compiler support of caseof:
and as it was expected it works quite well.

I recompiled VMMaker package and then generated full source code of
everything, and then built VM. No any errors.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.