[Pharo-project] A new GUI visual designer

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Tue Feb 15 19:35:00 CET 2011

I would like to add to this discussion the following:

1) Are we willing to create a Pharo only solution to a GUI designer? Or:

2) Can we think of a Smalltalk wide new solution which could be standard and flavour
   agnostic, so once a programmer learns to use it, its knowledge will be useful to any
   Smalltalk?

3) Do we fell we should lead the way inventing a new GUI design approach, or the ones in
   market suffice and nullPointer's view that the designer is a commodity which we should
   make use of as other thing we do in Pharo, so steering us to concentrate in a set of
   widgets which those mainstream GUI design expect?

I think if we invest in answering these questions we could arrive quickly to a feasible plan.

my 0.019999

--
Cesar Rabak