csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Tue Feb 15 19:53:38 CET 2011

Adrien,

Case (a.k.a "switch") constructs are not "so bad in Smalltalk" only, they are considered bad OO practice and it is tabled in the "The Object-Orientation Abuse" code smell when refactoring.

there is an abundant literature about it that you can find online, so I'll refrain to make this post to long.  If you folks think it is worth, we can open a different thread...

--
Cesar Rabak