[Pharo-project] [COTDC] 12 - PluggableListMorphByItem

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 22:24:59 CET 2011

2011/2/15 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>:
> On 15 February 2011 19:03, Gary Chambers <gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> "Essentially useless in its current form. Probably intended to eventually
>> deal with actual objects in the list rather than indexing/string-forms."
>

> every time i looking at those pluggableXYZ. and it always one thought
> don't let me rest:
>  - we don't need them.
>
> They are implementing/perverting functionality of base widgets.
> Because for most of them, they addding no value comparing
> to base widgets, but just some extended interface(s) on top.

Totally agree with Igor. Looking at the name, it already smells like a
case of composition by inheritance.
It reminds me the RWBinaryOrTextStreamWhatElse hierarchy.

Maybe it has some cousins like
PluggableMultipleSelectionListMorphByItem PluggableTreeMorphByItem
etc... ;)
If Pluggability is a noble feature for a GUI to have, maybe there is
no much reason to carry a HardcodedListMorphByItem...

Nicolas