[Pharo-project] Pharo & LDAP

Olivier Auverlot olivier.auverlot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:41:48 CET 2011

Hi,

For a project of REST services with Pharo and Seaside, I need to send
requests to an LDAP server. I found a project named LDAPlayer on
squeaksource.

Now, I can create a connection and do a request to the LDAP server.

But... my problem is to read an attribute in the result. In the
LDAPSearchResultEntry object, the method to get a value is :

attrAt: aKey
     | selected |
     selected := attrs at: (aKey asByteArray) ifAbsent: [ ^ nil ].
     ^ selected first asString.

The problem seems to be on the third line with the use of the
asByteArray method. Why used this method ?

For my tests, I remplaced it with :

selected := attrs at: aKey ifAbsent: [ ^ nil ].

And now, it's ok but I don't know if my modification could introduce
others problems.

What do you think about that ? Someone has used LDAPlayer with Pharo ?

Best regards

Olivier ;-)

www.auverlot.fr