Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 18:42:11 CET 2011

On 16 February 2011 18:15, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Eliot a final question.
>> So how will you handle OPAL compiler change in Cog?
>> Do you require that marcus and jorge have to deal with decompiler of
>> caseOf: in addition to all the rest?
>> Is it a strong requirement? Because then this is clear that Opal will be
>> delayed. But may be it is not that important after all.
>> Just curious.
>
> OPAL is a Smalltalk compiler.  I can therefore assume that it will compile
> Smalltalk.  caseOf: is valid Smalltalk and so will be compiled by OPAL.
>  Whether Marcus chooses to optimise caseOf: or not is up to him.

And this was the question from the beginning of this thread :)
Except that not all realized that Stef were talking about new compiler (Opal),
not existing one.
I am perfectly fine with current state of Compiler.. and it is really
not worth adding/removing something from it,
because in Pharo plans to integrate new compiler infrastructure.
So, it is obvious that any work on old compiler is a waste of time and energy.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.