[Pharo-project] Open another image with Pharo 1.1.1 one-click on Mac OS

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Feb 16 20:14:58 CET 2011

On 16 Feb 2011, at 19:34, Dennis Schetinin wrote:

> I found an association
>
>     <key>SqueakImageName</key>
>     <string>Pharo.image</string>
>
> in Info.plist file inside Pharo.app bundle and replaced it with
>
>     <key>SqueakImagePath</key>
>     <string>/Applications/Pharo.app/Contents/Resources</string>
>
> (See http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/squeakinfoplist.html for a list of available options)
>
> Now Pharo asks for image file but still using ~/Documents in the Open File dialog. I don't know if it is possible to open an image from inside the Pharo.app.

The one-click image is more for (absolute) beginners and casual users. Once you really get started with Smalltalk, you should learn and become comfortable with the four key elements needed:

	image file
	changes file
	vm
	sources file

Most users will have many images/changes files and multiple VMs, so you most often will have to make a choice, right-clicking on an image file and doing an Open with.. using the right VM is what I do.

Sven