[Pharo-project] [Metacello] Metacello tests failing in 1.2

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Thu Feb 17 00:33:50 CET 2011

On 02/15/2011 05:46 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> Hi Dale!
>
> There are 13 failing tests on the 1.2 dev build since a week ago (
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/141/testReport/
> ).  Do we have the right version?  Do you have any clue so I don't dive
> in the code blindly? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Guille

Ahhhh, It looks the Gofer changes for Issue 3660 have been integrated,
which means that the sorting order for mcz files has been changed, which
means that the Metacello tests that are sensitive (or validating) the
sort order have broken ...

It will be at least a couple of days before I can get these issues fixed
I have to propogate the gofer fixes to GemStone and Squeak... the normal
operation of Metacello shouldn't be affected by these failing tests ...
the test cases involved include examples of mcz files with "incorrect"
branch naming scheme...

I've created Metacello Issue 108: "Need to update Metacello (tests and
Gofer config) to integrate changes from Pharo Issue 3660"[1] to track
progress.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=108

Dale