[Pharo-project] Menu creation and invocation

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Fri Feb 18 10:40:23 CET 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 9:51 47PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> he he he.
> thanks Fernando.
> and really really happy that you find it useful.
>
> but is see maybe an issue here. It concerns the pragma keyword.
> It is currently a global keyword.
> Maybe one should also allow a way to specify where the pragma are to be collected.
> maybe something like:
>
> MyMorph>>menuBuilder
> 	^ (PragmaMenuBuilder localPragmaKeyword: 'tileMenu' model: self )
>
> notice the #localPragmaKeyword:model selector instead of #pragmaKeyword:model.
> it would constraint the builder to only search pragma locally.
> does it make sense to you ?
>
> Cheers
> Alain

Yes, searching the class only would be a good idea, I'd almost consider making it the default and rename #pragmaKeyword: to #globalPragmaKeyword:.
It's faster, and in most cases it does what you need, also in the case where you want  extensibility (through extension methods, only risk is clashing names)

Cheers,
Henry