[Pharo-project] minimalism (formerly case-statement-stuff)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:49:59 CET 2011

On 18 February 2011 17:42, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

>> But the first image must have a compiler, only the derived (aggregated
>> by transfer) can avoid a compiler.
>
>     Sure, any image can load the compiler when needed (without needing
> the compiler to do that :), and unload it at will. The point is that it
> need not be part of the kernel image.

For developers like me, loading the code is a bit less of value than
being able to create new code (through compiling of course).
:)

But of course for production systems, one may choose to not have
compiler, which is perfectly fine and even helps to close some
security gaps.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.