[Pharo-project] [ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

Miguel Cobá miguel.coba at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:00:23 CET 2011

Hi all,

I have updated the Metacello configuration for OSProcess.

Changes
-------

 - Uses symbolic versions
 - Adds support for release 4.4.0 of OSProcess
 - Applies MetacelloToolBox validations to the old versions of the
configuration and corrects them

Install
--------

In a PharoCore image evaluate in a workspace:

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
  load.
((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
#stable) load.

This will install the stable version for the platform you are installing
to. This is using symbolic versions and permits to rely on the
maintainers to specify the stable version (4.3.11, 4.3.12, 4.4.0) for a
given platform version (PharoCore 1.1.1, PharoCore 1.2).

Other versions and groups
---------------------------

To load older versions:

((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
'4.3.11') load.

To load other groups:

((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
#stable) load: 'Tests'.

or

((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
'4.3.11') load: 'Tests'.

Platforms
----------

This was tested on

- PharoCore 1.1.1
  190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

- PharoCore 1.2 (build #199 from Hudson)
  190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

P.S. I'm cross-posting to pharo and metacello lists but I don't know
what is the correct way to announce a new configuration. Advise?

Enjoy!
--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz