[Pharo-project] Alien + MacVM + plugin/primitive error

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 20 22:44:30 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 11:41:51PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> P.S. i hope someday we could even run builds using OSProcessPlugin
> directly from image by issuing:
>
> ABCDEblablaConfig  build
>
> :)

Hi Igor,

Actually I used to do that exactly for my own unix builds (circa
2002 or so). I'm afraid that I have not kept it up to date, but
you can see how it worked in CommandShell class:

makeVmIn: buildDirectoryPathName
	"Rebuild the virtual machine and plugins in the buildDirectoryPathName
	directory. If the build is successful, save the image and restart using the
	new VM. This assumes that the currently executing VM is either located in,
	or linked to, the buildDirectoryPathName directory."

I think it would be easy to do something similar for CMakerVMMaker builds.
I'll be glad to help if you want to give it a try.

Dave