[Pharo-project] Cobol is the new language to know?

Geert Claes geert.wl.claes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 12:35:23 CET 2011

I just cringed when I read: "The Sydney-based Object Consulting has released
a paper detailing those languages which will no longer be supported in the
near future, including the likes of .NET 2.0, J2SE 1.4 and Cold Fusion
(according to Object Consulting they have a three-year shelf life), while
anything on Smalltalk or FoxPro should be junked or moved to a new system
immediately as a result of non-support and no further development of the
environments."

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2011/02/20/cobol_is_the_new_language_to_know/
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2011/02/20/cobol_is_the_new_language_to_know/