[Pharo-project] Issue 3738 in pharo: Morphic Animations enhancement

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Mon Feb 21 12:54:33 CET 2011

Comment #2 on issue 3738 by ryd... at gmail.com: Morphic Animations enhancement

A few points:

Class comments? Sure, for most they're somewhat self-explanatory, but for
say, SlideAnimation, it would be nice to know what unit the delay is in,
and what it actually does.

There's also no common interface (that I can see) for adjusting the speed
of the animations.

AnimationsRunner animateZoomOutOf: .... smells bad.
There's no corresponding ZoomInOf: ..., and why isn't it just zoom: aMorph
in the first place, where new extent determines whether it is a zoom in or
a zoom out?

AnimationsRunner class >> #uniqueInstance
Why does it use super?

Some WindowAnimation subclasses are in -Core, others in -Windows

Some animations take responsibility of all drawing up to the point where
you copy the bits to the canvas, while others use existing methods in other
parts of the system. Personally, I'd prefer a consistent approach in what
is the Animations responsibility (having everything self-contained would be
my preference)