[Pharo-project] Context Sensitive Browsing

Camillo Bruni camillo.bruni at inria.fr
Tue Feb 22 16:18:39 CET 2011

I just implemented some hacky solution to have more intelligent CMD-b browsing. For instance in the following example:

	Exception handles:

having the cursor somewhere on the handles: selector and pressing CMD-b should directly jump to the implementation of handles: on the Exception class.

Now the way I do it so far is rather brain dead. I select the word under the cursor and check if the preceding word is either a keyword or a constant using pattern matching. Now of course this is neither flexible nor nice to code. The solution would be to use the AST and map directly from the sources to the AST.

Is there a way to get from the sources / compiled method to the AST?

m(^_-)m
camillo