[Pharo-project] Should tools cancel the selection when brought to front?

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Feb 23 17:04:52 CET 2011

In the tools (e.g. Workspaces, Browser (System and OB)), when you click in a
text field to bring the tool to the front, it cancels the selection and
places the cursor where the click is.

For me, this behavior is less useful than what seems to me to be the
standard "clicking anywhere on me when I'm not active does nothing but
activate me" behavior (e.g. try it with two Safari windows in Mac). I find
my self contorting and having to move windows so I can click on the title
bar of a window underneath so I don't cancel a selection which I want to
evaluate repeatedly. I'd rather have one extra click to move the cursor.

What does the community think?

In service,
Sean