[Pharo-project] Pharo 1.2 broken on Hudson due to XMLSupport changes

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:33:05 CET 2011

Marcus,

I've worked on this this week:
- I've fixed ReleaseTest.testUndeclared
and RBInlineMethodFromComponentTest.testInlineEmptyComponentMethod

- For all Metacello tests, the fix is available but Dale said: "I haven't
released my changes yet ... once I'm satisfied with the the behavior on
PharoCore1.2 (that's where I'm doing development) I now have to get the new
version of Gofer ported to Squeak and GemStone before I can make the full
release ... otherwise the tests will be failing on Squeak/GemStone ..."

I think this is really problematic to wait for Squeak/GemStone but one way
to go forward is to put them in #expectedFailures

- For XML I can fix this tonight if Otto don't want / can do it.

So there's only one failing test without fix
awaiting: ReleaseTest.testObsoleteClasses. Guillermo and I had a look at it
on Monday:

GuilleP: Ok, obsoletes come from: ClassRenameFixTest seems to be creating an
AutoGeneratedClassForTestingSystemChanges

GuilleP: But I can't find the source of AnObsoleteMCMockClassG :(

laurentlaffont: it  comes from MCMockPackageInfo>>#classNames

laurentlaffont: see also the comment in MCPackageTest>>#tearDown

some work needed to fix this.

But I agree that it seems few people care about 1.2. Sad, I like it far
better than 1.1.1.

Laurent.