[Pharo-project] 2 days vs 2 day

Edouard Poor edouard.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 10:40:51 CET 2011

I ran across this across this a couple week ago but didn't know whether to
enter a defect for it or not.

"2 days" evaluates to a duration of 2 days but,
"2 day" evaluates to a duration of 1 day.

I've been thinking about it, and I think I can understand who this came
about, but silently giving a user the wrong answer if they mistype "days" or
write some code like "[ :n | n day ]" (I did this one) seems wrong. If "day"
should only answer with the singular value, than perhaps it should throw an
exception for any values other than -1 or 1.

I'd actually prefer it just called days, and damn English grammar.

So what do you think, should I enter a defect or not?

(Also I'm new to the community, so I wasn't even sure where I should ask a
question like this!)

Cheers,
Edouard.