[Pharo-project] we cannot add attachment anymore on the bug tracker

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sun Feb 27 12:02:50 CET 2011

On 26.02.2011, at 18:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> Redmine (http://www.redmine.org/) supports sub-projects. Or maybe https://www.chiliproject.org/ (a fork of redmine).
>
> Does anybody has experience with them?
> It would be good to be able to play with them.

I just want to ask if there are any plans to integrate issue support in the new squeaksource development. I don't know redmine but it looks similar to trac I'm using since a few years. I also know jira. To me one of the biggest gains of these systems is the integration of source, issues, timeline and wiki. You can easily reference a ticket from the wiki, a ticket from a commit message etc. In trac it is #<number> is interpreted as a link to a ticket. In jira it is <projectname>-<projectnumber>. In jira you can alter the issue tracker by committing new sources. If you write yourproject-58 into the commit than you can change the state of the ticket to something like "needs check" "treated" etc. It sounds a bit blurry but it helps a lot.

Sad but true biblicello [1] wasn't in place at the right time. I think it has huge potential by leveraging pier usage.

Norbert

[1] http://a-bibliocello.gemstone.com/bibliocello/