[Pharo-project] About 1.2

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sun Feb 27 13:08:47 CET 2011

On Feb 27, 2011, at 9:11 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> How can XML in 1.2 impacts 1.1 ???????

It's not XML, there is another problem.

              (it seems removing is a far better way to get people to fix something than anything else.
              I will do the same with the MethodWrapper package, you will see how quickly this gets fixed
              *after* removing it, but never without removing it...)

	=> 1.1 does not build. I don't know why. *first* release 1.2, *than* release 1.1.2...

	=> From the test side of things, there are only two things left in 1.2
		-> MethodWrappers has test that fails 50% of the time. This will be solved by removing the package.
		-> there are Obsoletes after running tests. here I think as this is only after running tests, we can defer
                     to 1.3 and remove the test for obsoletes in 1.2

Besides that, there are a number of things that need to be done for 1.2, they are listed here:

	http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.2-DevImage

1.2 can only be released if this list is empty.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.