No subject

Thu Feb 24 13:45:28 CET 2011

ObjectMemory class >> initializeSpecialObjectIndices

TheInterruptSemaphore :=3D 30.
    SelectorCannotInterpret :=3D 34.

it jumps from 30 to 34.

I search places doing "splObj: 33"  but I didn't find anything.

Maybe the VM guys can confirm or reject this.

Cheers

Mariano

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:42 PM, St=E9phane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria=
.fr
> wrote:

> of course it is there
>
>        newArray at: 34 put: Point new.
>
> now could not we have a well initialized point?
> What is the purpose of this one?
>
> Stef
>

> On Apr 21, 2011, at 6:39 PM, St=E9phane Ducasse wrote:
>
> > with manuel oriol we started to play with the idea of a randomTester in
> Pharo. It poses a lot of questions.
> >
> > Now doing the first experiments, I found an instance of point (nil at nil)
> (besides reciprocal broken on Point (0 at 0) and
> >
> > (Point allInstances select: [:each | each x isNil]) first pointersTo
> >
> > points me to recreateSpecialObjectsArray
> >
> > I looked into the literals and others and I could not find.
> >
> > Each time I execute
> >       Smalltalk recreateSpecialObjectsArray
> >
> > I get a new nil at nil objects.... but forcing a GC garbage them.
> > But I still have this nil at nil object around.
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea from where nil at nil could come from?
> >
> > Stef

--=20
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com