[Pharo-project] SVN vs Git for the cogvm

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon May 2 23:22:17 CEST 2011

On 2 May 2011 17:59, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Camillo,
>
> On May 2, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Camillo Bruni <camillo.bruni at inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi eliot,
>>
>> I wanted to know if there is a particular reason that you use svn over git?
>
> History.

Btw, about history. I found gitk is quite nice GUI tool for git.
It showing all branches with all their commit history and it is quite
fascinating to watch how project evolves over time and
different branches are merging together and then again go side by side
and then again merge etc etc :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.