[Pharo-project] Just starting out

Toon Verwaest toon.verwaest at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:58:23 CEST 2011

On 05/04/2011 09:53 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
> On 04 May 2011, at 09:41, Toon Verwaest wrote:
>
>> On 05/04/2011 07:20 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> this is because they are forced to do so because of a new law in the us about crypto.
>>> Believe they do not like that.
>> What law is that, and why? Sounds interesting :)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export_of_cryptography_in_the_United_States
>
> Basically, encryption is a weapon.
>
> Sven
Uncrackable encryption will allow drug lords, spies, terrorists and even
violent gangs to communicate about their crimes and their conspiracies
with impunity. We will lose one of the few remaining vulnerabilities of
the worst criminals and terrorists upon which law enforcement depends to
successfully investigate and often prevent the worst crimes.
For this reason, the law enforcement community is unanimous in calling
for a balanced solution to this problem.

Seriously? ROFL
So soon you can't ssh to the states anymore? :)