[Pharo-project] Nile tests red - Pharo 1.3

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri May 6 11:19:33 CEST 2011

On 06 May 2011, at 10:55, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I would really like to have a good layer build on glorp to support easy CRUDE in Smalltalk
> The problem of Glorp was that it is a bit heavyweight.

Actually, IMHO, it would be a waste to dismiss Glorp as being too old or too complex.

It is a very nice OR framework that capable of taking on other well known OR tools in other languages.

Yes, it is a bit complex to get started, but persistence is not easy once you get past HelloWorld and once you have more data.

But you are right, some layer on top of Glorp would be nice. Now, such things do exists (similar to ActiveRecord).

Sven

PS: for a simple tutorial involing Glorp: http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Reddit.st/