Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:42:26 CEST 2011

2011/5/6 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>

> But just don't fall into delusion, that you can start using external
> library (either written in C or C# or in Java),
> without knowing at all the foreign language in which library are
> written, and just after few mouse clicks in Pharo image.

Hello,

In last week I implement java binding with some C library (it containes
callbacks). Before I never doing this kind of work in java.
And It will not simple task. I use JNA - analogous FFI libraries in
smalltalk.
So I done it. And It work from my tests. But when I deploy It to apatch
server as servlet it cant work. Java craches in arbitrarily places of dll
calling.Solutions will be simplest C dll wrapper which provides two
functions without callbacks.
Similar problems will be when we doing java connect to com-object. Solutions
will be C# socket server :))

So Java connection to foreign world is not easy. Although there is good
docs.