Dave Mason dmason at mason-rose.ca
Fri May 6 16:43:54 CEST 2011

On May 6, 2011, at 05:25, Toon Verwaest wrote:

>> If this is just to spit out class comment on html I do not call that a documentation.
>> Now we can take the book contents and generate html
>> We have 350 pages in the first book and the same in the second one.
>> People are free to join and write one or two chapters.
> Generating HTML already seems like a good idea. I like the HTML version of SICP a lot for example.

+100

Google (and others) *are* key.  I and many others have huge sets of bookmarks we never access because Google has become fast enough and authoritative enough that it's always the source I turn to first for information about almost anything.

Turn the book into a web-based tutorial, and get all of us to link to it, get it listed in references for programming language stuff, such as Wikipedia pages on smalltalk etc, LtU, and others and do some other SEO.

../Dave