Joseph T. Bore jbore at tjtech.com
Fri May 6 19:37:58 CEST 2011

On May 6, 2011, at 1:25 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Seriously, if you want such kind of shitty interface, which allows you
> to call arbitrary function with arbitrary arguments
> without any argument type checking, i can write it for you.

call me crazy but:  yes i would like that interface.

ctypes works very well.  i have used it plenty.  it gives you the ability to get access to libraries trivially.  you dont have to spend a week writing a wrapper for something you might only need for a short period of time.  if you need to use that library extensively then you need to spend the time writing a proper library for it.  you can call me crazy but i find functionality like this *extraordinarily* useful.  both python and ruby have very nice implementations, its kind of a shame we dont yet.

were all adults here, i understand that if i do something stupid i will get bad results, but i like having the ability to make that decision.

jb

--
A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.  -Leo Tolstoy