[Pharo-project] Send a notification

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri May 6 19:44:37 CEST 2011

> Together with Ivan we have been looking for an easy way to send notifications.
> We first thought about sending email directly from Pharo, but apparently it is not easy to send email. Anyone has experience with this?

As long as your SMTP doesn't require encryption this is simple: Use
MailSender that comes with every Pharo image. Seaside provides some
objects on top of that, so that you don't have to assemble the message
by hand.

> We then thought about emitting twitts, but there is a need to authorize the client. Anyone has experience?

Twitter requires OAuth, which requires an SSL capable HTTP client.

> Maybe producing a RSS could do the thing?

Again, simple with Seaside, but any XML library can do it.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch