Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri May 6 19:54:17 CEST 2011

Dolphin's ability to wrap using COM type libraries is almost eerie, but you are correct that there is still more to know (very obvious with the Office Automation interfaces).  The callout methods themselves are made possible by the work that went into creating the type library.  For a bare dll/so, one would need to parse and "understand" header files to get as far as Dolphin's type library analyzer gets.

Has someone familiar with VW's DLL & C-connect commented in this thread?  Two questions: is it something worthy of our respect?  If so, how far away are we?  If we matched, how much more would there be to do?  I ask the latter question relative to what is reasonable to expect, at least for foreseeable future.

Bill