[Pharo-project] doesNotUnderstand:/createActualMessageTo: for zero-argument sends appears to imply the need for an extra stack slot in methods

Toon Verwaest toon.verwaest at gmail.com
Fri May 6 23:04:14 CEST 2011

Seems to make sense. If they didn't allocate small/big frames but
exactly just enough space for the arguments this will indeed fail.

You could also change the DNU to reallocate the frame on demand; maybe
even only if the argsize is 0? I don't know the implementation details
obviously, but it seems like you would waste less space to do it that
way; although you will get a slight performance hit for the DNU, but
that seems less relevant.

cheers,
Toon