[Pharo-project] WebDoc, SimpleWebDoc and Pharo website

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat May 7 20:36:50 CEST 2011

Hi guys. One of the things I hate most is when there is a cool
tool/documentation available and we don't spread it.

I know Laurent did SimpleWebDoc a couple of months ago.

Then Camillo did it again...and call it WebDoc.

But...still, from the user point of view, there is nothing. You go to the
Pharo website, and there is nothing. The webdoc is not hosted (seaside
hosting is too slow).

So... my question is....can we put WebDoc o SimpleWebDoc somewhere (for
example  in the same host where Pharo website runs) so that it is
accessible?  then we should link to it from different places in the phaor
website.

Don't tell me it is not ready. It doesn't need to be perfect (I don't care
for the moment if there is no serach or if it is slow), we can already start
to work:

1) Define where to host it
2) host it
3) put info and links from Pharo website to it.

Then, updating webdoc is just a matter of upoading a new version...

Thanks
--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com