Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun May 8 11:38:26 CEST 2011

On 07. 05. 2011 13:37, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> On 7 May 2011 07:25, Michael Haupt <mhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> And do not forget the most important thing: people must be educated to
>> program for parallelism. The computing power is there to be exploited, but
>> programmers need to know how to exploit it. You can't rely on the compiler
>> or VM alone.

> That's the main problem, IMO. Most smalltalkers i met (oh.. why.. not
> just smalltalkers),
> fear parallelism like fire. Refer to it as something too complex they
> can't understand.
> And i think that's why "Parallelism to masses" approach is largely
> failing , not just in smalltalk,
> but in whole software industry.

Web frameworks are ones who would benefit from multicore Smalltalk
instantly and without exposing concurrent programing complexities to web
app developers.

All paralell programing/execution complexity can be nicely
encapsulated/hidden in web framework itself. And actually is now
already, because we need to handle parallel web requests all the time.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek