[Pharo-project] Which are the limitations of MessageTally?? Re: new Cog VMs uploaded

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:07:17 CEST 2011

What approach do you suggest should I take?

> I have no idea.  You could try and break down the various activities and
> benchmark them separately I suppose.  You could look at the profiles you're
> already generating in higher resolution to see where the time is going.  You
> could also try and extract the SystemProfiler from OpenQwaq, which will run
> on Cog, and is better than MessageTally.  Andreas wrote it to get around
> some of MessageTally's limitations.  It should hopefully show primitives
> quite accurately.

Hi. I have already read this several times. From you now, from Alexandre
Bergel, from Henrik Johansen, etc. But no one (or maybe I didn't see it)
give a list of the real existent MessageTally limitations or problems. So
far, the only thing I read is what Eliot says here: "show primitives quite
accurately"

So...which are the rest and what is solved by the SystemProfiler from
OpenQwaq ??

Thanks in advance,

Mariano

--