[Pharo-project] Problem with CompiledMethodTrailer

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:36:45 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9 May 2011 00:52, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys, Maybe it is too late and I am not seeing something obvious...so
> > another look is really appreciated. If I do:
> >
> > (CompiledMethod allInstances select:  [:each | each trailer kind =
> > #VarLengthSourcePointer] ) first
> > ---> (CodeLoader class>>#initialize "a CompiledMethod(311951360)")
> >
> > But then:
> >
> > (CodeLoader class >> #initialize) trailer kind
> > ----> #SourcePointer
> >
> > WHYYY??  why it is answering #SourcePointer instead of
> > #VarLengthSourcePointer  ??
> >
> > grrr how can that be possible???  It happens the same to each of the
> > CompiledMethods I select as #VarLengthSourcePointer.  When I then ask the
> > #kind  they always answer #SourcePointer  instead of
> #VarLengthSourcePointer
> >
> is it same compiled methods?
> Because it is absolutely normal if they using different source pointer.

I didn't understand your question. Yes, it is exactly the same
CompiledMethod.
Look, if I do:

(CompiledMethod allInstances select:  [:each | each trailer kind =
#VarLengthSourcePointer] ) first

I get
---> (CodeLoader class>>#initialize "a CompiledMethod(311951360)")

So...it means that such CompiledMethod answers #VarLengthSourcePointer when
send "trailer kind". Ok?

But immediatly after, if I ask the trailer kind to the SAME compiled method: