[Pharo-project] How to load Nautilus?

Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:46:33 CEST 2011

On May 7, 2011, at 10:46 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I took the latest PharoCore 1.3 and evaluated:
>
>  Gofer new
>                squeaksource: 'Nautilus';
>                package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>                load.
>

> ConfigurationOfNautilus project lastVersion load
>

> But it says
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   SystemAnnouncer
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   GroupAnnouncer
>

> Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.
>

> Then after in the load, I have a DNU in MCWorkingCopy >> modified: aBooleanm,    because MonticelloAnnouncer is nil (not defined)
>
> So....how I am supposed to load Nautilus?

Nautilus is based on RPackage so:

- dl PharoCore 1.3 from Hudson
- load RPackage 3.0
- load Nautilus (stable or default, should be the same)

Here it works

> And if I want the integration with Refactoring Browser,  OCompletion, Shout, etc, what should I do? load those packages and magically Nautilus will work ?

OCompletion and Shout normally impact only the textMorph.
I haven't test OCompletion (I do not use it, but I will do it right now), but for Shout, load the Shout package, and no, it's not magic, but Nautilus works.

For refactoring browser, since Nautilus is based on BrowserEnvironment, it should work too. But I have to check and steal some menu's entries from OB.

> What happens if I load Nautilus in a dev image?

No idea, let's try :)

Ben