[Pharo-project] Issue in loading SqueakDBX Patch

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:36:02 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM, sourav roy <sourav_pharo at in.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I loaded the following patches in pharo 1.2.1 which i downloaded from
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakDBX.
>
> -ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX-MarianoMartinezPeck.8
> -penDBX-Core-MarianoMartinezPeck.256
> -queakDBX-Dialect-Squeak-MarianoMartinezPeck.3
> -queakDBX-Smalltalk-Dialect-MarianoMartinezPeck.5

1) the order is not correct (for example SqueakDBX-Smalltalk-Dialect should
be first than SqueakDBX-Dialect-Squeak)
2) you are not loading SqueakDBX dependencies like FFI (and in fact the
sintax error you have is because you are not loading FFI).

To solves those issues, we have a Metacello configuration. Gofer has nothing
to do with a secured environment or not: all you have to do is to load the
package ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX. No matter how: you can use the following
Gofer script:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX';
load.

Or, open a Monticello Browser, -> add repository ->
www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository -> select  ConfiguratonOfSqueakDBX
-> load.

Once you have download ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX all you have to do is:

(ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: #stable) load.

I *really* recommend you to read the Metacello chapter of Pharo By Example,
since all this is explained there:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28462/Metacello.pdf

Cheers

Mariano