[Pharo-project] Issue in loading SqueakDBX Patch

sourav roy sourav_pharo at in.com
Mon May 9 18:13:14 CEST 2011

Thanks for the guidance.....i am very new to Smalltalk so quite confused with its terminologies.....i thought these files are patch files as we use them to update the smalltalk library.My work requires me to work in VA Smalltalk for a Financial client and mostly in it i have to use the existing framework which give me very less chance to get into the Language as a whole. But i am becoming fascinated with the ways to smalltalk to started exploring it with Pharo. Regards,Sourav | Bangalore | India Original message From:"Mariano Martinez Peck"< marianopeck at gmail.com >Date: 9 May 11 18:09:59Subject: Re: Re: [Pharoproject] Issue in loading SqueakDBX PatchTo: sourav roy Cc: pharoproject On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM, sourav roywrote: HiI have noticed that when I load the patch SqueakDBXSmalltalkDialectMarianoMartinezPeck.5, Hi. Just a litte comment. They are not called path, just packages. In fact, SqueakDBXSmalltalkDialect is the name of the package and SqueakDBXSmalltalkDialectM
 arianoMartinezPeck.5a particular version of such package.the class SqueakDBXSmalltalkDialect does not contain any methods in the system window.yes it does. Check class side ;)Is this might be the cause of the error when I load the patch SqueakDBXDialectSqueakMarianoMartinezPeck.6 into pharo which has dependency on SqueakDBXSmalltalkDialect and OpenDBX. Check ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX method #baseline12: to see the dependencies (using the method #requires: CheersMarianoThanks Sourav  Original message From:""sourav roy""< souravpharo at in.com >Date: 9 May 11 17:00:21 Subject: Re: [Pharoproject] Issue in loading SqueakDBX PatchTo: marianopeck at gmail.com; "pharoproject"Hi, I loaded the following patches in pharo 1.2.1 which i downloaded from http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakDBX. ConfigurationOfSqueakDBXMarianoMartinezPeck.8penDBXCoreMarianoMartinezPeck.256queakDBXDialectSqueakMarianoMartinezPeck.3queakDBXSmalltalkDialectMarianoMartinezPeck.5 Please advice me if am wrong and suggest
  me the correct method for it. I am not able to load it through Gofer as am working in a secured environment. Thanks, Sourav  Original message From:"Mariano Martinez Peck"< marianopeck at gmail.com >Date: 9 May 11 14:55:24Subject: Re: [Pharoproject] Issue in loading SqueakDBX Patch To: Pharoproject at lists.gforge.inria.fr;Hi....that's weird. Could you tell me please how did you exactly install SqueakDBX? On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM, sourav roywrote:Hi All, I am getting some error while loading a SqueakDBX patch in Pharo 1.2.1. Please see the below screen shot attcahed and adviceThanks, Sourav Roy| Bangalore|INDIA::DISCLAIMER::The contents of this email and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented inthis email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reprodu
 ction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication ofthis message without the prior written consent of the author of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail andattachments please check them for viruses and defect. Dear pharoproject ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!  Marianohttp://marianopeck.wordpress.comGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now! Marianohttp://marianopeck.wordpress.com Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!