[Pharo-project] Issue in loading SqueakDBX Patch

sourav roy sourav_pharo at in.com
Tue May 10 08:27:53 CEST 2011

Hi Peck, Instead of running the Gofer script, can I download the each package and load it in my Pharo. This I am asking because the office environment is secured because of whicham not able to do load the required configuration packages via script. Please if it is possible for you the suggest me the names of the packages required to load SqueakDBX. P.S:Screen shot of the error given below.Thanks&Regards,Sourav Roy|Misys Loan IQ Dev Team|HCL Technologies|SEZBangalore|Mob:8861133201From: Mariano Martinez Peck [mailto:marianopeck at gmail.com] Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 6:06 PMTo: Sourav RoySubject: Re: Re: [Pharoproject] Issue in loading SqueakDBX PatchOn Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM, sourav roywrote:Hi, I loaded the following patches in pharo 1.2.1 which i downloaded from http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakDBX. ConfigurationOfSqueakDBXMarianoMartinezPeck.8penDBXCoreMarianoMartinezPeck.256queakDBXDialectSqueakMarianoMartinezPeck.3queakDBXSmalltalkDialectMarianoMartinezPeck.5Loading
 that is not correct because:1) the order is not correct (for example SqueakDBXSmalltalkDialect should be first than SqueakDBXDialectSqueak)2) you are not loading SqueakDBX dependencies like FFI (and in fact the sintax error you have is because you are not loading FFI).To solves those issues, we have a Metacello configuration. Gofer has nothing to do with a secured environment or not: all you have to do is to load the package ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX. No matter how: you can use the following Gofer script:Gofer newsqueaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX';load.Or, open a Monticello Browser, > add repository > www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository > selectConfiguratonOfSqueakDBX > load.Once you have download ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX all you have to do is:(ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX project version: #stable) load.I *really* recommend you to read the Metacello chapter of Pharo By Example, since all this is explained there:https://gforge.inria.fr/frs
 /download.php/28462/Metacello.pdfCheersMarianoPlease advice me if am wrong and suggest me the correct method for it. I am not able to load it through Gofer as am working in a secured environment. Thanks, Sourav Original message From:"Mariano Martinez Peck"< marianopeck at gmail.com >Date: 9 May 11 14:55:24Subject: Re: [Pharoproject] Issue in loading SqueakDBX PatchTo: Pharoproject at lists.gforge.inria.fr;Hi....that's weird. Could you tell me please how did you exactly install SqueakDBX? On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM, sourav roywrote: Hi All, I am getting some error while loading a SqueakDBX patch in Pharo 1.2.1. Please see the below screen shot attcahed and advice Error! Filename not specified. Thanks, Sourav Roy| Bangalore|INDIA ::DISCLAIMER::The contents of this email and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented inthis email are
 solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication ofthis message without the prior written consent of the author of this email is strictly prohibited. If you havereceived this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail andattachments please check them for viruses and defect. Dear pharoproject ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!  Marianohttp://marianopeck.wordpress.comGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!  Marianohttp://marianopeck.wordpress.comGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!