[Pharo-project] Problem with CompiledMethodTrailer

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:48:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>wrote:

> On May 10, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> > what is even worst, is that even after removing those correct CM, and
> doing a GC etc...they still don't disappear.
> >

> There is
>
>        ScriptLoader new cleanUpMethods
>
> This is called from #cleanUpForRelease and normally should make sure there
> are no old methods.

hehehehe if I do: ScriptLoader new cleanUpForRelease, then inspect
((CompiledMethod allInstances select:  [:each | each trailer kind =
#VarLengthSourcePointer] ) )

they are not GC'ed and if then I click on the first element in the
inspector.... VM CRASH!!!  with both, InterpreterVM and CogVM.

:(

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com